– Katie Haun, CEO of Haun Ventures, believes that the SEC is unlikely to lodge an immediate appeal against the Ripple case ruling.
– Haun argues that the SEC benefits from the current lack of legal clarity and losing an appeal could jeopardize its future enforcement actions.
– Ripple Labs CEO Brad Garlinghouse also believes that it may take years before the SEC appeals, and an appeal would only reinforce the decision that XRP is not a security.
– The SEC is currently suing Binance and Coinbase over alleged securities law violations, and the Ripple case ruling could potentially impact those cases.
– Many crypto commentators and lawmakers are calling for Congress to provide legal clarity for the cryptocurrency industry in light of the recent ruling.
It seems that the SEC is playing it safe and enjoying the confusion surrounding the Ripple case ruling. While some expected an immediate appeal, experts like Katie Haun believe that the SEC is hesitant to risk losing and jeopardizing its future enforcement actions. Ripple CEO Brad Garlinghouse also thinks it will take years before the SEC appeals, and an appeal would only reinforce the decision that XRP is not a security. With ongoing lawsuits against Binance and Coinbase, the outcome of the Ripple case could have wider implications. It’s clear that the need for legal clarity in the crypto industry is becoming increasingly urgent, and lawmakers must take action to establish a comprehensive regulatory framework.