US SEC Files Lawsuit Against Celsius
- The US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has filed a lawsuit against Celsius, a bankrupt crypto lender.
- This comes after the arrest of the former CEO, Alex Mashinsky, who was taken into custody on the morning of July 13.
- The arrest is a result of an investigation into the collapse of Celsius, which filed for bankruptcy last year.
- This news follows the SEC’s previous lawsuits against crypto exchanges Binance and Coinbase.
- Celsius network has not yet responded to requests for comments.
Hot Take: Another One Bites the Dust
The US SEC is cracking down on the crypto industry, and Celsius is the latest target in their crosshairs. With the arrest of former CEO Alex Mashinsky and the lawsuit against the bankrupt crypto lender, it’s clear that regulators are determined to hold companies accountable. This serves as a reminder that the crypto space is not immune to scrutiny, and stakeholders must navigate the regulatory landscape to ensure long-term success. Stay tuned as this story continues to unfold.